Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
Yes I agree that people here can sometimes get a bit antsy.

However, the recent commotion with the streamer card upgrade is mostly self-inflicted by Devialet IMHO. And it is not deal to the speed of delivery since they did hint that it would be due at the later part of this year.

What has frustrated most is their refusal to communicate about the features and the ETA of the promised streamer card.

I suspect they are emulating Apple/Steve Jobs' famous shroud of mystery with new products releases. What they fail to understand is that Apple's secrecy is on new products that people are speculating by press and people "in the know". Nobody ever paid for these new features nor are they ever promised.

With the new streamer card, Devialet promised *with great fanfare* great new things including a future streamer and DevialetOS for the new Expert series which people gladly paid good money to upgrade something that they have only bought months ago.

But after money is collected is months of radio silence, customers have no idea of what they have paid for and what features will be there. Many including myself have been holding off buying a audiophile streamer with Roon support with the hope that the new card will be rid of the AIR bug and have Roon support.

So while we are waiting, we have no idea of WHAT WE ARE WAITING FOR.

Having said that, if you talk to insiders they are actually super nice people willing to talk.

I have heard from a little bird that it should be on schedule for end Q3 and expect good things, e.g. Roon.

Hope that will come true.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by agentsmith - 22-Jun-2017, 08:53