Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Devialet ever release new Expert features?
(22-Jun-2017, 09:17)Will Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 08:31)petrik Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 07:28)cuco Wrote: I also think that guys here are very unpatient. We have the update of the amplifier for 7 Month. And the streamer should arrive the next few months.
Isn't that a constant improvement?
And i also share the opinion taht it doesnt make sens for devialet to heavily tweek the system by now when they change an important part of it in the near future. so keep your head down, enjoy your actual Expert Pro and be happy as soon as the streamer board arrives.

Good point and I agree that sometimes we are being a bit unpatient.

Problem is that there is no information available on the OS/streamer board. I think that is causing the frustration. We don't even know when it is going to be released. There are only some rumors about Q4 so the actual release date could be in 2018. Another problem is that we don't know what exactly we are waiting for. No one knows what features it will support. It could be totally useless for many. People would like to know more so that they could do decision whether to wait for the OS/streamer board or to buy something else.

Let's compare this situation for example with Apple Homepod. Apple has released already quite much information about it (when it comes available, what features it will support, how it looks like, etc). We know almost nothing about the Devialet OS/streamer board.
Apple is a multi-multi billion dollar company - 116,000 full time employees according to Wikipedia - and is sitting on billions of dollars of spare cash.  Even then Apple only does major upgrades once a year.  I suspect Devialet is a bit more hand to mouth having to balance out cash flow against development expenditure.

It wouldn't require much cash to tell us what features the OS/streamer board will contain and when it will be released, would it? It's probably a company policy that they are not allowed to communicate with us.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Devialet ever release new Expert features? - by petrik - 22-Jun-2017, 09:47