Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New thoughts about SAM
(07-Jul-2017, 08:30)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(06-Jul-2017, 22:03)Hifi_swlon Wrote: [...]
So, is the room correction cleaning up my bass peaks and letting SAMs work shine through where previously it was masked? Is it because it's hot today in London? Or as a side effect is it because all the windows and doors are open in the house? Or is it just the 250 Pro can better drive the low frequencies to the facts and I hadn't given it a chance? Or a combination of all things.
[...]

Not using room correction I cannot comment on this aspect. However, when I upgraded from my D120 to the D220pro, the difference of power definitely improved greatly the bass compartment and it is consistent with what someone at Devialet told me when I was discussing the benefits of the upgrade: He told me that having more power will be much better for SAM. 

If you remember an other quote from an other Devialet Engineer who was mentioned in one of the threads when the new pro line was released, he was saying something like: "the ideal would be to have infinite power".

So given how SAM is working, I truly think that the more power you have, the closer to ideal driving of the woofers SAM can be and therefore the extra power is certainly a good contributor for this improvement.

Jean-Marie

I found that the bass was much more powerful with the OdA than with the 200 with SAM for both turned off. With SAM on, the difference is smaller. There's still a lot of bass with the 200 but just a bit more again with the OdA. 

To say it in another way; more power has a bigger impact (on the bass) with SAM off than on.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
New thoughts about SAM - by Hifi_swlon - 06-Jul-2017, 22:03
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by Pim - 07-Jul-2017, 03:43
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by Jean-Marie - 07-Jul-2017, 08:30
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by Pim - 07-Jul-2017, 10:51
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by Gerronwithit - 07-Jul-2017, 12:52
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by Gerronwithit - 07-Jul-2017, 15:58
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by BoyScout - 07-Jul-2017, 16:19
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by ogs - 10-Jul-2017, 09:09
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by Bartype - 10-Jul-2017, 10:09
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by ogs - 10-Jul-2017, 10:56
RE: New thoughts about SAM - by Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2017, 13:03