Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room setup: sound optimisation vs livability
The purchase of a new sofa is making me rethink a number of things with my set-up. Some pics of the room in the old set up here

Firstly, it removes the unit the TV & Soundbase was sitting on. This gives the room a bit more width but means I either have to run the TV through the Devialet or sell the soundbase and buy a soundbar to mount on the wall with the TV.

Secondly, and most importantly it makes me question my speaker placement. Currently speakers are placed in positions 1 and 2 shown. Positions 2 and 3 would be best for the TV, but that is a poor option for when sitting and working at the dining table. Any logic in placing the speakers in positions 1 and 3?
[Image: m4ADU6n.jpg]

At the moment we spend 80% of our time around the dining table with music playing and 20% in front of the TV. The addition of a second sofa might mean more time around the sofa, but there will still be at least 50% of time around the dining table and kitchen.

I've also got no idea on room treatment – so any suggestions on what I can do, particularly with mitigating the reflected noise from the kitchen – that both looks good and improves the sound is greatly appreciated. I don't want to move any furniture, but I'm open to more plants and even some acoustic panels if they look like neat art or design. 

Any tips greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

Messages In This Thread
Room setup: sound optimisation vs livability - by rchinn - 07-Jul-2017, 15:12