Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereoplay rates 1000 Pro Best of Class
Picking up on the slightly odd power output figures mentioned at the start of this thread.  I was sorting some stuff out yesterday and stumbled across my copy of 'Hifi News and Record Review' from March 2016.  This features a review of the 'Original D'Atelier', with lab test report.  I recall that there were some posts about this article at the time, as the power output figures her looked a little odd and the continuous power numbers similar to the D800, anyway, here they are as published:

Continuous Power 8 / 4 ohm = 640w / 860w
Dynamic Power 8 / 4 / 2 / 1 ohm = 650w / 1130w / 1500w / 670w

The above numbers do look odd versus the Stereoplay numbers (8 / 4 ohm = 599W / 571W), with the Stereoplay tested 1000 Pro being less powerful than the HFN tested O'dA. 

All of this reminds me a little of Rolls Royce cars.  Before the days when it was mandatory to publish accurate horsepower figures and similar, the specification sheet used to indicate horsepower as 'adequate'.  Certainly I am finding the power output of the 1000 Pro as 'adequate'.  (more than adequate Shy )  I am not so sure about Rodney though! Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoplay rates 1000 Pro Best of Class - by Confused - 21-Jul-2017, 07:08