Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish list for the new streamer board / Roon
I'm totally with you on 1 - 3 & 7. It will be interesting to see how they align with Devialet's plans.

Those of us that love Roon would love to see Devialet adopt the RoonRAAT protocol for streaming. While that does provide more control from the Roon side, I don't believe RoonRAAT was ever meant to control non-Roon features and functions. My vote here is to have Devialet improve it's remote app to mirror all the functionality of it's physical remote (your Problem 2).

Solution 5: In the recent announcement by Devialet, they did include a link for a 3 month Roon trial. I think they could go one step further and make it a free 1 year license for those that do not yet have Roon (or maybe 50% off either 1st year subscription or lifetime license).

I have mixed feelings about your Solution 6... For Devialet to tap into any attached storage will require software to access it and control playback. Not sure that is Devialet's strength - particularly given how good Roon is at that.

I might add an 8th challenge that I hope is in large part why Devialet is building this board - to enable far more robust functionality into the Expert Pros - perhaps such as room correction. While I love that Roon's functionality is now far more robust, that doesn't help my vinyl playback at all. And strange as it may seem, there are some folks that don't use Roon.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wish list for the new streamer board / Roon - by mdconnelly - 17-Jul-2017, 13:14