Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
I am using iTunes! Since I use Apple Music to try out new music, and since I also sync my ipad and iphone with a subset of my music I thought his made sense - the more automated things can be without me having to remember all the workarounds the better.

I've opened the dp_cfg.txt file and searched for DHCP: it's listed twice, once under "WIFI_CONFIG" where it is stated as "DHCP" : "ON", and once under "ETHERNET CONFIG", where it is stated as "DHCP" : "OFF". The wifi config should be irrelevant, since it is not enabled. But, despite this being in the dp_cfg.txt file, the screen definitely shows DHCP ON when I get to the Ethernet settings on the Dev screen.

I've tried booting with two different SD cards and the same thing happens.

Devialet firmware I'm using is 10.1.0.

I have the Devialet app on my iPhone - it only works when the Dev is either on Wifi mode (but this DOESN'T work unless I have the Dev right next to the Extreme), or I have the Dev plugged into the router via ethernet cable. Otherwise the app just searches endlessly for a Devialet and never finds one. The app does not find a Dev when the Dev is connected to the Mac with an ethernet cable, and wifi is on. I figure there's no point in testing if it works when the Dev plays successfully off the ethernet cable between it and my MBP because to achieve this I have to turn wifi off, so the Dev won't be visible to the iPhone.

MacOS version is 10.12.6 on both the MBP and mini.

Something that is interesting but may be of no use is that when the Dev is connected to the MBP by ethernet cable and the AIR app on the MBP is disabled, in which case music playing on iTunes will play out the Mac's speakers, if I switch the Dev source to Ethernet the AIR app immediately enables Devialet-ETH, the music stops playing out the Mac's speakers - so there's clearly comms here - but no music ever comes out the Dev (and it shows input levels as zero, so the MBP is clearly not directing the music stream to the ethernet cable output).

I've redone the Dev configuration online and recreated the dp_cfg.txt file and loaded it onto two separate SD cards and tried booting the Dev with each one - the Dev always shows DHCP ON when I scroll to the Ethernet screen!

Maybe I need to talk to Devialet tech help?

Thank you to everyone who has been so willing to help - hugely appreciated. If you have any further suggestions I will be very grateful, but I do think maybe there might be a hardware issue with my Dev!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by efranklin - 29-Jul-2017, 23:17