Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
Hi I am a Devialet newbie. Got to say this forum is fantastic and would  have been lost without it. This thread was a great starting point for me to connect my mac mini. I thought I would share my experience for anyone trying a similar set up:-

Internet via WIFI__MacMini__Ethernet__Devialet 130 Pro
(I dont have a router / ethernet connection near my hifi set up. So Mac mini connects to internet via wifi. I plugged ethernet to devialet.)

Took me a while to work out how to get wifi & Ethernet to work at the same time. I took baddogs guide, but had to tweak it a bit to get it to work in my case.
For me what was crucial was:-
1 Ethernet connection should be on a different subnet to my wifi on the Mac (e.g. for a mask of 255.255.255.x, my wifi used 192.168.0.x, so I set ethernet to 192.168.2.x)
(Apply similar IP change on devialet configurator>ethernet>advanced config to 192.168.2.y)
2 Mac>System preferences>network>Ethernet setting copied from baddog advice except I left *router setting  blank* . Otherwise internet calls we periodically getting misrouted. (At least I think that is what was happening, but I may have been mistaken).  
3 Finally I reverted the step to modify Mac>System preferences>sharing>Internet sharing for wifi to ethernet. When internet sharing was turned off,  devialet air driver teardrop switched from greyed out to black.

..Oh and from a devialet configurator perspective I got cleaner results starting new, rather than editing an existing configs. I am not convinced an edit always cleans up after itself

So after a few hours of tinkering, FLAC over ethernet works great!
I would not have got anywhere without the great tips on this site.
cheers
ex-Expert 210 Pro 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by anan - 30-Jun-2018, 09:16