Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet200 Headphone Amplifier connection through Magic Wire Dac
(01-Sep-2017, 09:54)CongoFather Wrote: Hi,
As far as I know, when pre-out output is used, a different mid-fi Dac, WM8740, is used and output power is limited to 4Vrms per channel.

I have heard (the source of the information may be incorrect, if so, please correct me) that analog signal produced by MagicWire DAC  can also be used and sent to an external headphone amplifier for optimum performance. By this way, as the main DAC is used instead of WM8740, the quality of sound is expected to be much better.

Did anyone try that? How did you make the configuration using Advanced Configurator(except ore-out)?

I would also like to know more about this.   I'm currently using the PreOuts as input to my Senn 650s.   Sounds OK but has me thinking about buying a separate headphone dac/amp.    I hadn't heard that the Devialet Preouts were not using the MagicWire DAC, but that might explain why headphone listening via the Devialet doesn't impress me as much as I was expecting.

P.S... I'm using a 440 Pro - not sure if that handles Preouts differently.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet200 Headphone Amplifier connection through Magic Wire Dac - by mdconnelly - 01-Sep-2017, 22:35