Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
(20-Sep-2017, 15:11)nicosocha Wrote: Hello!

I have a silver Phantom and was planning to buy a second one because... well yes... I dont need to say why its necessary to buy a second one. But now the offering from Devialet comes into the game and for some time I considered to exchange my silver for a gold.

But, as far I have investigated here and elsewhere, the golds are more audiophile and the silvers are more massive in bass area I really dont know wich one suits my listening type more.

I mainly hear, old HipHop and some very precise Drum&Bass wich is really good recorded, I like it how the silver handle those genres and also that it is a little bit biased to the bass section compared to the gold. But I never listen to a gold, so is anybody here with the same music taste and has tested it under good condition side by side ?

Is it worth to upgrade to one gold and buy another one later ?! Or would you choose to buy an additional silver now ?

Thanks a lot
Nico
Nobody who has upgraded to the Gold seems to regret it, but I say never postpone gratification( at least when dealing with things audio).
Others have speculated why Devialet is making this offer. Although the upgrade price seems stiff, after paying shipping both ways, I don't think they are seeing much if any profit. I think they want to get as many whites and silvers out of circulation because they are dead end products. As they make (hopefully) further improvements in the Golds and leave the others behind there will be fewer disgruntled owners. No inside knowledge ,just idle speculation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom! - by Marcner - 21-Sep-2017, 02:35