Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
(26-Sep-2017, 15:38)daibaron Wrote: I have been told there will be nothing above the Phantom Gold,
They're a working on something different
I think the deal is pretty good and with a new warranty.

In my opinion, whether you upgrade depends on whether the Silvers or White is satisfactory.  For me, I would definitely get the gold whether by upgrade or by purchase.  When I had the Silver, I did dialogue quite a bit with Devialet and noted that the trebles were anemic and the transient speed left something to be desired.  That was what I clearly felt from the music.  Then the Gold was introduced and fixed these shortcomings and I am satisfied with the Golds thought not with the Silvers.  So for someone like myself, I would upgrade.

I too am curious what they plan to do with all the used Silvers.  I offered to purchase a pair some months back of their returned silvers but was turned down. I think they are planning to use in large scale installations where Devialet is trying to demo them or something so they don't mind used units.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom! - by MountainGuy - 26-Sep-2017, 15:58