Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
What a stupid process and total lack of common sense by Devialet.

Ordered two gold upgrades....waited two weeks after payment was taken but received packaging boxes after 1 week.  Just left on the doorstep by UPS ...at first I panicked Ias I thought it was £4k+ of speakers but no.....just boxes containing packaging.  I had no intention of sending silvers until I had the gold upgrades that I paid for and could test they worked as advertised.

Called Devialet.  They will not ship the Golds until my Silvers are with them.  
Where was I supposed to know that.......erm, in the small print......
You want me to be two weeks without speakers?????  that's our policy....
me: so you don't trust your longstanding customers....erm, yes we do   
me: then send me the golds...let me hook up both sets as I may even decide to keep the silvers for other rooms and pay the full cost of the golds for the music room.......erm, thats not our policy.
...but under consumer law I get 14 days to return the Golds whatever your daft policy say.s.....agreed.   
......and if I just pay £4k+ plus for the golds I get to trial the golds at home for 45 days.....agreed.  
Also you have my card details so you can take the remaining £2k payment even if I didnt return the old silvers......yes, but.  
me: yes but what.....we dont have the facility to take the excess £2k.
me: This is crazy......you are making this really hard to spend £2k or £4k with you.......erm, well you could call a local audio shop that supplies devialet products and see if they have golds in stock.   
me: Here's a novel idea......you are customer services...why don't you find out for me and then I will drive 60 miles to swap over the golds/silvers...that way we are both doing something to complete this order even if you are the only one getting paid........erm, i can't do that.
me: OK, lets make this easier for you.  Afterall I wouldn't want to put you to any inconvenience.    Cancel my order.   I'll hold onto the £2k+ and look at other options.

If anyone from Devialet reads this then contact me.  I'd like to upgrade but your process is ridiculous.  I'd also like to do this before by 50th on 14th October.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom! - by jaykay1967 - 30-Sep-2017, 17:29