Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinnov Amethyst and Altitude32 - Roon Ready
(13-Jul-2018, 15:19)john_h Wrote: Curious how you are using your Amethyst with the D250.  Are you using an AES/EBU connection from the Amethyst and using the D250 DAC or using the Amethyst DAC and running analog into the D250?  I have read in other posts that there is a preference to use the analog connection and the Amethyst DAC which seems counter intuitive to me given the extra D-A-D-A conversion.  

I have just taken the plunge on a Trinnov Altitude 32 and thinking through how to set it up with a D440, 4 subwoofers, Raidho C1.2's, and integrate into an ATMOS multichannel system.  I am debating if I should repurpose or sell the D440 if only used for its amplification and simplify the setup with Bel Canto Ref600M's for the Raidho's.  Any thoughts from Trinnov users?

Hi John_h,

Well my precious Dev is history, I replaced it, and my passive speakers, with the Kii Three‘s.

Given your plans, it sounds like the 440 might be a bit surplus. Have fun with the Altitude, it‘s a fantastic piece of kit!
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trinnov Amethyst and Altitude32 - Roon Ready - by baconbrain - 19-Jul-2018, 20:46