Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue Fixed: Transport in Use Error
Hi all,
As always, many thanks to those on this forum who help others with issues and improving SQ. It has got me back into my fun hifi hobby.
I have had many problems with connecting my Mac mini to my Dev 400 
The main issue was that most of the time when I started Roon, I would get the "Transport in Use" error. 
It was SSSOOOOO frustrating! Also, I couldn't make the remote work from my iPhone, apart form the first time I turned it on!

Anyway, I had followed the great instructions by baddog, (at https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4429) but it turned out that I needed to change things VERY slightly, and now it works with great stability (at last!!)
The changes I made to baddog's instructions are in italic and underlined.
Begin quote:

On the Configurator side you want to enable the ethernet port on the Devialet, and as you mentioned, under Ethernet settings ->Advanced Settings:

DHCP - OFF
Fixed IP address ( this is an example ) 192.168.1.2
Network Mask 255.255.255.0
Click OK.
Download the settings to your SD card.
Put SD card into Devialet and re-start.
Ensure Ethernet input is selected on the Devialet

On your Mac choose System Preferences from under the Apple menu (Apple icon top left on your screen )

Select Network.
Then select Ethernet ( it probably indicates it is connected and has a small green circle )
If you have not done so choose Configure IPv4 - and set to "Manually"
IP Address - set to 192.168.1.1    (note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet except the last number)
Subnet Mask - set to 255.255.255.0  (note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet )
Router - leave blank . End quote.

I hope this is helpful for anyone struggling as I was!
Many thanks again (esp. baddog, Pima van Pliet etc!)
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.

Messages In This Thread
Issue Fixed: Transport in Use Error - by ICUDoc - 03-Dec-2017, 04:07