Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Digital Out SPDIF to Record LPs
(25-Apr-2018, 15:44)rwjr44 Wrote:
(25-Apr-2018, 13:17)Confused Wrote: Going back to @rwjr44 's original problem.  I notice that you are using an Aurender N10.  So one option you have would be to use the Aurender to feed the Devialet via AES/EBU, thus leaving the Devialet's USB free for recording duties.

As you use the Aurender via USB, I am guessing this is because it sounds best to you this way, which is fair enough.  But if you are going though an extended period where you will be recording via USB, this at least gives you a working solution that does not require regular swapping of USB cables, and who knows, after a couple of months trying the Aurender via AES/EBU, you might get to like it!  Just an idea.

I may have to do that. The trouble is this will be a lengthy process and I want to get at least the audio quality that I have now AND I am not sure that I want to spend the requisite money. I'll look into the Mutec option. 

Thanks.
Requisite money?  Are you referring to the cost of an AES/EBU cable?  This does not need to be anything expensive, certainly not for an initial cable to try.  (There is far less reason to spend big money on a balanced XLR type cable than there is for many other cable types) 

Have you tried running the Aurender via AES/EBU?  I was at a group demonstration of the Aurender N10 with a Devialet 800, this included a USB versus AES/EBU demo with the same music, pretty much everyone in the room thought it sounded best via AES/EBU.  I am not sure if you have tried yours via AES/EBU, I presume you have not tried this at home if you do not already have an AES/EBU cable.  Maybe you would actually get improved audio quality by trying this?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a Digital Out SPDIF to Record LPs - by Confused - 25-Apr-2018, 16:17