Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 440 Pro CI not sounding great...
Thank you all for the input. Interesting to see a varied response, not yet ready to concede defeat on the Devialet front. Will try the analogue out from the R2R and feed it to the Devialet.

@NickB I am not here to disparage Devialet owners, I am an owner myself, and I kind of want Devialet to outperform the other setup.

@Pim You are right it could be that the R2R combo is just better, which would be a shame really as I always held Devialet SQ with the highest regard. And it would also mean parting ways with it and moving on. My only one concern is that the firmware is not yet fully optimised and before making any buying/selling decision I should wait for the next release. After having read this forum I think we all can agree that firmware upgrades do alter the sound characteristics of the Dev.

@thumb5 I don't think what I am hearing is coloration. What I am hearing though is more information within the musical passages, a stretching if you may of the soundstage fabric revealing more instruments within the ensemble. Yes when the music is not complex the instruments do sound more fuller and rounder which could be attributed to the power amplifier.

@Wdw the R2R DAC is the Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 440 Pro CI not sounding great... - by JimSmith - 10-Dec-2018, 23:43