Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST
Pim,

I can understand why people say that Devialet's service is the worst. When I first booked my 130 for the CI upgrade I got a response from one of their service people who told me that my records showed an incorrect serial number. I checked the number and it was right and replied to that effect. I got a response from the same person which said I was right about the serial number (no apology for his error) but that something else was wrong. It wasn't and I replied to that effect also, got another response with no apology and another blunder on his part. I replied to that message and specifically asked for someone else to handle things because of the errors made by that person. I did get a reply from someone else and all of a sudden things started moving smoothly, my details were passed to Olivier in Hong Kong who was coming to Australia to do the upgrades, and everything from there proceeded just the way you would hope that they would proceed. Olivier couldn't have been more helpful, then upgrade went like a dream, and I couldn't be happier with the result.

So, in the space of one dealing with Devialet I got to see the best they can offer with service and also the worst. The best won out but the 2 to 3 initial weeks with the first service person and 4 to 5 day delays in his response to each of my emails resulted in an extremely aggravating initial 3 weeks to getting the upgrade up and running. I can understand anyone who got that sort of response to their service interaction and who didn't get a satisfactory answer or result at the end being extremely upset and quite justified in claiming that Devialet service is the worst.

So I can't quite agree with you that their service is the best, after all I did have that extremely frustrating initial 3 week to and fro with the first of their service people who responded, but on the basis of what happened after that I couldn't fault their standard of service. Overall I give them a high mark but I can't quite come to say "best" at the moment. They're definitely capable of that level of service but I think they have one or two people responding to service requests who are letting the team down and if you get one of those people dealing with you, then you will most certainly know it.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST - by Pim - 29-Dec-2018, 03:54
RE: Devialet Customer Service is the BEST - by David A - 29-Dec-2018, 09:02