Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help choosing a streamer
(03-Jan-2019, 19:31)alaw Wrote:
(03-Jan-2019, 12:44)BrianT Wrote: I have the Auralic Aires G2, the build quality and sound are superb.

But if I was to do it all again, I would take a real good look at the Roon Nucleus plus SSD

How, or why? Ones a renderer, the other a server - two completely different functions.

Explain please, renderer-server?

All I know is in that my system, when and I plugged in my buddies Nucleus (SSD) to the USB on my 440PRO
(removed the G2 USB) and logged into his Roon account on my iPad they both played music. 

As for sound, some tunes I preferred the the Nucleus but other tunes I preferred the G2.
I found the Bass to be a tad weightier on the G2 on all tunes, the mids where wonderful on both.
I listen to a lot of male and female vocals.
I do not sit there and do critical listening, I just enjoy the music.

For the 2K difference in price, I think (but never know) that I would be very happy with the Roon Nucleus
in my system.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
Need help choosing a streamer - by mmorrison55 - 02-Jan-2019, 06:10
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by AaronG - 02-Jan-2019, 15:37
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by Laura - 02-Jan-2019, 16:15
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by BrianT - 03-Jan-2019, 12:44
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by midi - 03-Jan-2019, 21:42
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by BrianT - 04-Jan-2019, 00:44
RE: Need help choosing a streamer - by yabaVR - 06-Jan-2019, 19:27