Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to configure pre out and sub out on 250
(12-Dec-2014, 11:42)thumb5 Wrote: Hello Bill - I'm driving my sub from a mono line output. Here's how I set it up from the configurator:

* in the configurator by default you should see two connections headed "Digital", between the Line 1 and AES/EBU connectors

* select the down-pointing arrow under the left-hand Digital heading, to bring up a configuration dialog headed "Digital 2 Settings"

* select the "Pre-amplified Output (Mono)" option (the dialog box title will change to "Sub Settings")

* the mix should be set to "Mono" by default; adjust the output level to suit your sub's line input if necessary

* select the filter parameters you want to use, if any (most likely either full-range or low-pass)

* select OK to close that dialog; the configurator should now show the connector as a "Sub" output

That's the basic set-up.

By bringing up the Speakers configuration dialog you can then configure the speaker output to use a high-pass filter if you wish. (I found this helped the sub and main speakers to integrate more effectively.) If you do that, you'll probably want the high-pass filter to apply when the pre-out is ON, but full-range output when the pre-out is OFF.

Another option which I found helpful when setting up the sub is to configure one of the buttons on the remote to toggle the pre-out (that is, sub output) on and off.

Hope that's helpful, and sorry in advance if I've missed anything. Let us know how you get on!

Ian

Hi Ian,
Very many thanks for your concise guidance, just what I needed. Will have a play tomorrow and let you know the outcome.
Cheers lots,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to configure pre out and sub out on 250 - by wwm - 12-Dec-2014, 17:47