Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
(13-Feb-2019, 21:42)David A Wrote:
(13-Feb-2019, 20:50)jmlight1 Wrote: I'm going to break into the regularly scheduled Roon discussion, and give up my first (non-Roon) impressions.

Performed the update to 13.1.3 smoothly, loaded my config file back on and put on Sonny Rollins Saxaphone Colossus on the table.  Honestly, its a great album, and it sounded very good, but my ears did not detect any differences of note in SQ versus before the upgrade.  However....
I next started listening to a ripped FLAC file of Eliane Elias I thought about you playing on Foobar 2K, and while I have no way offering any kind of measurements, I will simply say listening to this recording after the upgrade provided an etheral experience.  I love this recording, and after the update I was captivated with how wonderful it sounds.  The soundstage and separation appears wider than before, the background dead silent, and her voice lifted me up as never before.  Of course I need to listen to much more, but my first impression on SQ after the update is very good.

One interested mind wants to know which Eliane Elias album you were listening to. I've got 3 of her albums and I enjoy her work a lot.

David, it is "I Thought About You - A Tribute to Chet Baker"  2013 European release
https://www.discogs.com/Eliane-Elias-I-T...ter/997366

Lovely album
Expert 140 Pro CI  Zu Omen Mk II DW's

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12 - by jmlight1 - 14-Feb-2019, 16:53