Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(18-Feb-2019, 17:56)thumb5 Wrote:
(18-Feb-2019, 16:41)mdconnelly Wrote: ...But I can easily believe that Roon's testing of Devialet's implementation was not sufficient to reveal whatever problem this is.

Per post 6, that surprises and rather disappoints me, given the high hopes we expressed for Roon doing a better job than Devialet of software QA.

Agreed.   But then, it's hard to discern how widespread this issue is.   It seems that it's working fine for many if not most.    I have tried to try different implementations on my end.   This morning I installed RoonServer on a laptop and then took the laptop to connect directly to my router thinking that a shorter run might help.   But nope, the problem is still there.   I have not attempted turning wifi on on the Devialet and really have no interest in doing so.  And yet some have said this problem goes away with wifi.   Strange...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 18-Feb-2019, 18:46