Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
I normally use Roon / HQPlayer rather than RAAT, but in order to advise an additional "data point" I thought I would try it this morning. I just wanted some background music, so switched to the Devialet's Roon Ready mode, selected some music, everything seemed to work perfectly. I selected some 24/192 files and then the problems started, pauses, stuttering etc. 24/96 files almost played without issues, listenable, but still suffered from occasional stuttering. Occasionally the "audio file loading slowly" message would flash up, then disappear as the music started playing. Back on 16/44.1 material, everything works with zero issues. This was with a Windows 10 PC, to a router, to a 1000BASE-T switch, to Devialet.

So having established that I too have issues with 24bit material, 1000BASE-T, and Devialet's Roon Ready mode, I thought I would try the Roon Ready mode on my SOtM sMS-200Ultra. Interestingly, this too suffered some minor but annoying stuttering playing 24/192 files. I then remembered that I had suffered this before, and the fix had been advised, go to the SOtM Roon Ready settings and select 0.2 buffer and 0.05 Resync delay. Since I last tried the Roon Ready mode on the sMS-200Ultra I have swapped to a new SD card with later firmware which had whipped my previous settings update. Anyway, returning back to the recommended 0.2 buffer and 0.05 Resync delay in the SOtM's settings and 24/192 material plays perfectly, zero issues, zero stuttering, and still with 1000BASE-T in place. I can't remember for sure now what the default settings were on the sMS-200Ultra, but I think it was 0.1 buffer and 0.20 Resync delay.

What this implies to me is that this issue is not all about 100BASE-T, it is more of a case of getting other parameters set to be suitable for use with 1000BASE-T. I guess there are differences between Devialet's RAAT implementation and that from SOtM, but the above may provide a hint as to what is going on.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Confused - 07-Apr-2019, 10:24