Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
If there is a "fundamental flaw with Ethernet into the Expert Pros" why is nobody reporting problems with Roon AIR over ethernet and why did these problems only appear after the Roon Ready OS/FW update in February when people had been running gigabit connections and Roon AIR to CI board equipped Expert Pro's since the CI board upgrades started in December 2017?

We've got15 months of no one reporting an issue before the current OS/FW update in February, we've got no one reporting a problem with Roon AIR over gigabit ethernet since then, and we've got Roon, who at least have made some statements, saying that they didn't notice any problems during their certification testing process for the Devialet.

If there was a fundamental flaw with ethernet in the Expert Pros it should have appeared earlier, it should be affecting Roon AIR as well as RAAT, and it should be affecting ethernet connections from other server software as well. Here in Australia the CI board upgrades were done in local dealer premises by a Devialet engineer who travelled around the country. I saw the boards that were removed from the amps upgraded at my dealer's premises and the old ethernet ports were physically attached to those boards so the whole ethernet hardware got replaced in the upgrades. If there was a fundamental flaw it should have been evident from the start, it shouldn't be starting to show up 15 months later after an OS/FW update and only with one specific streaming protocol.

I agree there's a problem. I just can't see how we could call it a "fundamental problem with ethernet into the Expert Pros" when you look at that history. A "fundamental problem" should have shown up at the start and should be affecting everyone no matter what streaming protocol they're using.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 03-Jun-2019, 20:48