Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(04-Jun-2019, 20:44)mdconnelly Wrote: Well, we're already well into "months".   Devialet and Roon both claimed Roon RAAT to Expert Pros a success back in February when Devialet released their lastest Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4.   My fear is that at some point we will once again need to start banging on Devialet's door (logging more tickets), in order to get any kind of response.   But my hope is that Roon is already doing just that.   Time will tell.

Roon have said that the problem didn't show in certification testing. I believe them. Some people get the problem and some don't. Something is causing that difference and it has to be something in how their networks are set up, whether it be in wiring topology or different combinations of routers/switches/whatever. Devialet probably didn't run into it either. I think both firms were satisfied that things were working well back when the update was released.

It doesn't matter how thorough your testing is, bugs can still sneak through undetected only to show up in some users systems. Tracking down those bugs when they are discovered isn't always simple or quick. I'm not trying to defend either Roon or Devialet, I'm just stating a fact any of us who have been using computers for any length of time come to get experience of. I don't think we should criticise either Roon or Devialet for the fact that a problem crept through testing without being discovered. That happens. I do think we can criticise Devialet for how they've handled the problem so far.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 04-Jun-2019, 21:29