Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
@David A - agree completely. Devialet has promised numerous times over the years to improve their communications, but just can't seem to get there. It just doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

@Flashman - I still struggle when Devialet (or Roon) says they can't reproduce it, particularly when so many customers are experiencing the problem. Roon even has the technology to analyze and evaluate what's happening on a customer's Roon implementation which I have to think provides them with a good indication of what's going on. So forgive me if I'm just a bit skeptical. But it is what it is. Not sure what you mean by "gigabit Ethernet from a Google Wifi system". Do you mean just placing the Google wifi router between Roonserver PC and Devialet? I have not used it but am quite curious about their mesh networking and also curious to know if it would work.

I would love to hear from more people who are NOT having the problem at gigabit speed to learn what type of routers they are using or what they're network topology is. @David A & @audio_engr have been great in their contributions. And yet, here we are ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 05-Jun-2019, 23:08