Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(05-Jun-2019, 23:08)mdconnelly Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "gigabit Ethernet from a Google Wifi system".   Do you mean just placing the Google wifi router between Roonserver PC and Devialet?    I have not used it but am quite curious about their mesh networking and also curious to know if it would work.
Previous to using 5GHz wifi to ensure that Roon and Devialet were playing nicely together, my modem was feeding a Google WiFi mesh network router with the following topology: Google WiFi>Netgear ProSafe GS108 switch>output 1: Nucleus/output 2: Devialet. 

One fix that worked but which required an every-other-day-or-so Devialet re-boot (disconnect from the mains, factory config, followed by preferred config) had the following topology: Google WiFi>Netgear ProSafe GS108 switch>D-Link DES-105 10/100Mbps switch>Devialet and connecting the Netgear switch to the Nucleus.

@mdconnelly Mesh networking is terrific.  Never had a problem in my 2,000 sq. ft. condo once I installed the Google WiFi network.  Now, regarding my audio set-up, I now use a 5GHz wifi connection and regularly get a 250+Mbps connection to the Devialet.  The wifi implementation on the Devialet is quite robust, I have found.  To date, I find the SQ comparable to Ethernet direct connection and zero dropouts or issues with slow-loading Tidal.  Even high-bandwidth DSP works well.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Flashman - 06-Jun-2019, 13:23