Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
Not directly related to the Devialet issue, but this might give ideas as to what is going on. SOtM have released a new firmware update for the sMS-200. This includes settings to select 100BASE-T or 1000BASE-T. There is also an auto negotiation on / off setting.

I tried this with Roon this morning. What I have found is that with Roon, 100BASE-T and auto negotiation "on" selected, I get a bright green light on my Ethernet switch, which shows it is actually running 1000BASE-T. Everything works perfectly in terms of stutter free playback. I can then switch to Roon, 100BASE-T and auto negotiation "off", I get an orange light on my Ethernet switch, which shows it is running 100BASE-T, Roon does not work, with stuttering then the "an audio file is loading slowly" error message.

As another observation @octaviars has just posted on the AS forum that he can run 100BASE-T and auto negotiation off without issue, whereas I get "an audio file is loading slowly", he is running Roon ROCK on a NUC, I am running a Windows PC. I wonder what is actually making the difference?

Quite how this relates to the Devialet RAAT issue I am not quite sure, but it might give some clues?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Confused - 30-Jun-2019, 11:56