Poll: Do you prefer Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon Integrated AIR
23.08%
30 23.08%
Roon RAAT
34.62%
45 34.62%
They sound the same
16.92%
22 16.92%
Not sure, they sound similar, maybe depends on what music I am listening to.
13.08%
17 13.08%
I realy can't be bothered to A/B test
12.31%
16 12.31%
Total 130 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
In my system (see my signature) I find RAAT sounds more natural than AIR but I will also say that I tend to find that there's a "matter of fact" quality to the sound of live music, at least live acoustic music. I don't tend to notice highs or lows or the mids in live acoustic music, no frequency area tends to draw attention to itself. The sound is "nothing special" in a way, it's just the way it is. I get a bit more of that with RAAT than I do with AIR and I think AIR sounds good but some things just draw a bit more attention to themselves for me with AIR. Your "boring and normal" is what I pursue and your "refined, super clear and exciting" is not what I want, at least apart from the "exciting" but I don't notice a lack of that with RAAT.

All of which goes to show how preferences are really personal and highly subjective.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR - by David A - 01-Jun-2019, 23:02