Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro
I auditioned the Hegel H590 in direct comparison to a D220 Expert Pro on Dynaudio speakers (w/o SAM). The aim of the procedure was to find out the general differences between the Devialet and the Hegel sound, i.e. if the Hegel is as neutral and pure as the Devialet, if it adds a certain signature to the music and ... if I like it, of course.
My time was limited, so I just brought the following music, which I know very well.
- Mozart Sonatas for keyboard and violin (Gary Cooper and Rachel Podger, excellent recording from 2004), Sonatas in F Major, 1. set
- Midnight at Notre Dame, Organ transcriptions from Oliver Latry, recording from 2004, Bach "Jesu bleibet meine Freude" and Rachmaninov, Prélude op. 3 no. 2
- The Ballad of John and Yoko, Beatles, Past Masters album, remastered version from 2009

First I listened all four pieces on the Hegel H590, then in reverse order on the Devialet, and then again on the Hegel.
My impressions were in short:
Much more room presentation on the Hegel, especially the presentation of the Mozart sonata was more 3-dimensional. Same detail on the Devialet, but more flat stage.
Same for the organ recording in Notre Dame. On the Hegel you could hear, that the organ was played in a big church; less so on the Devialet. Moreover, the very loud and low notes from the Rachmaninov Prélude were much cleaner on the Hegel than on the Devialet. I assume, this is due to the fact, that the Hegel has twice as much power as the Devialet and therefore is more stable. It would have been better to compare to a Devialet 440, I guess, but that was not available. Same for the bass on the "Ballad of John and Yoko". John Lennons voice was pronounced and in the foreground on the Hegel; on the Devialet John Lennon seemed in line or even behind with the instruments.

At the bottom line, in this setup I liked the Hegel more than Devialet 220. Still a comparison to a 440 would be advisable.
Definitely, I will audition the Hegel at home on my speakers in comparison to my D800.
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro - by mobaer - 28-Apr-2019, 12:29