Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug for SAM+BASS on FIRMWARE 13.1.3 DOS 2.2.4
I just reported to DEVIALET SUPPORT here below bug.
Has any one of you come across this bug?

================================================================================
After switching from FIRMWARE 13.0.0 DOS 2.2.2 to FIRMWARE 13.1.3 DOS 2.2.4, I encountered here below bug. To me, this seems to be a software bug for the last firmware (it is not occurring using the previous firmware).

Configuration and setup:
- Device: dual mono made with two "Expert 140 Pro", both with no preamplified output; menu info is showing "EXPERT 210 PRO"
- FIRMWARE 13.1.3 DOS 2.2.4

Test scenario:
- Set SAM = on
- Set TONE \ BASS = 0.0 dB
- Set volume to a medium value (e.g. -25.0 dB)
- Play any track having strong bass
- Slowly change TONE \ BASS from 0.0 dB to +18.0 dB

Bug: While increasing the TONE \ BASS setting, starting with very low values (a few dB plus), amplifier is clipping bass, and sound is getting very heavy distortions.

Additional info:
- This bug is only for FIRMWARE 13.1.3 DOS 2.2.4. It is NOT occurring on FIRMWARE 13.0.0 DOS 2.2.2.
- This bug is occurring with remote setting SAM = on, and it is NOT occurring with remote setting SAM = off.
- Bug occurrence is not depending on SAM % setting.
- Bug occurrence is not depending on SAM profile (I tried multiple profiles).
- Bug occurrence is not depending on volume setting.
- Bug occurrence is not depending on input (I tried Ethernet AIR, Ethernet ROON READY, and USB).

Additional bug: Even configurator is set to "Balance mode" = "Stereo", and each speaker is set to "Balance applies to this output" = off, when switching the remote to TONE \ BALANCE setting, amplifier is switching the sound to mono.
================================================================================

Messages In This Thread
Bug for SAM+BASS on FIRMWARE 13.1.3 DOS 2.2.4 - by daniel.avasilichioaei - 13-Apr-2019, 12:08