Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(01-Aug-2019, 19:09)maxijazz Wrote:
(28-Jul-2019, 21:48)BDavid A Wrote:
(28-Jul-2019, 13:24)maxijazz Wrote: It happens to me over WiFi, daily. To my surprise, because it worked like a charm for first 6 months, on 1Gb Ethernet as well as WiFi.

Your report is the first I've seen of problems with RAAT over wifi. Did you make any changes to your network around the time the problem started.

One small point: it can't have worked like a charm for the first 6 months because we only got the Roon Ready update from Devialet on 19 February, a bit over 5 months ago. When did your problems start? It would be great if you could give a reasonably accurate date so that it could be checked against the dates of Roon updates and possibly updates for your network hardware.
Actually it started on next Roon update after we got RAAT. I remember that my first thought was that Roon screwed the update, but later I forgot about it.

Roon needs Flow Control set correctly in the network. In my managed Linksys Switch I had to enable Flow Control for the Ports: Switch->Repeater->Router (this I did not expect), Switch->Devialet, Server->Switch. Without it it was unstable, dop out etc.. Also I had to configure Autonegotiation off and enable 100 Mb from the switch to the Devialet.  

Personally I think, the 100Mb issue is due to a bug in the code like memory leak etc., the worst would be that the NIC used by Devialet is sometimes incompatible to other NIC's, like in the late 90's where this was a common problem.  They should have used Intel NIC, I never have problems with those.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Manfred - 01-Aug-2019, 19:45