Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sound quality - Roon RAAT vs Roon Air
When I was having the same problem, I bought a cheap 100mbps switch from Amazon, plugged the ethernet cat6 from router into it and then output to the Devialet. It fully stopped the stuttering and errors I was getting at the time. And it worked perfectly for all music. As @David A said, it didn’t fix the problem but it was a slick and cheap workaround that had no impact on sound quality - at least to these ears.

After Devialet released the update about a year ago, they claimed it further improved the issue but did not eliminate the stuttered with hi-res music at gigabit speed - at least not for me and numerous others. But then, a few months later and for an unrelated reason, I bought a NUC, installed ROCk, hooked it all up *at gigabit speed* and damn, it worked perfectly. No stuttering or drop outs at all. My prior RoonServer was a fairly powerful i7 Win 10 desktop PC so I didn’t suspect any issues with it. But, for whatever reason, using ROCK on a NUC fully eliminated the problem for me and I now no longer use the 100mbps switch. I did ask Devialet how/why/what that might be but never got an answer.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound quality - Roon RAAT vs Roon Air - by mdconnelly - 23-Sep-2021, 21:58