Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade my 250 to a 1000 or go with a different integrated?
Well, folks. I did it. I took the plunge and upgraded to the 1000. While I may always be left to wonder after looking into other integrateds, including the ones flohmann recommended, I made the decision because there is just something that Devialet has that nobody else does. Could I have bought something that is far less expensive? Yes. Am I intrigued by an all analog system like Aesthetix? Of course. Is there something out there with a better phono stage? Probably. But none of the other choices, absolutely none, have the same aesthetic sense as Devialet does. Design is incredibly important to me and the 1000 looks absolutely gorgeous. And let's not forget that remote. It's magical. There's nothing else out there like it (and now I have 2 of them).

And now for the sound. I feel like there is a substantial difference between the 250 and 1000. I'm hearing details in vinyl that I did not notice in the 250 and the sound stage is much more present and substantial. The 1000 also seems to have a much broader range than the 250 with regard to movies and TV. Now, I have to admit this could all be just in my head. Given the amount I spent, I may be perceiving a greater difference than what is really there, but if I'm perceiving it, who cares?

All in all, we have chosen a hobby in which we will never be satisfied, and we are in a constant state of compromise. In this instance, I am very satisfied with the decision. I appreciate everyone's input Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade my 250 to a 1000 or go with a different integrated? - by Dev_Steve - 11-Aug-2019, 20:49