Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade my 250 to a 1000 or go with a different integrated?
(11-Aug-2019, 20:49)Dev_Steve Wrote: And now for the sound. I feel like there is a substantial difference between the 250 and 1000. I'm hearing details in vinyl that I did not notice in the 250 and the sound stage is much more present and substantial. The 1000 also seems to have a much broader range than the 250 with regard to movies and TV.
I was considering the same upgrade: 250 Pro CI to 1000 Pro CI. Just like you, I went ahead with the upgrade.

The difference *is* substantial. I'm using large floorstanders (PSB Imagine T3), and also demo-ed with a Sonus Faber Olympica III. The changes with both speakers are similar. Tonally, the bass became tighter and the midrange brought more forward. The soundstage became a bit bigger. There is noticeably more detail, things like texture of sounds are more obvious. There is a lot more muscle to the sound, it sounds more 'powerful' and alive. The sources I tested with are Roon Ethernet and the AES XLR input (PC streamer with external USB converter). Using the stock RCA Audioquest Carbon interconnect.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade my 250 to a 1000 or go with a different integrated? - by hardcore - 13-Aug-2019, 09:57