Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Gold vs 2 Classic (2000W) after DOS2
(31-Oct-2019, 12:15)Jm93 Wrote: Can you come with an example as to why I should opt for Classics instead of Gold? I'm very anxious to get stereo of course but how much is Gold in Stereo vs Classic in stereo worth...?

And yeah I still have 30 days left to return the Gold. So I'm hoping I'll know way more by then.
I own a pair of Golds.  I heard the Classic as a single but I did listen to a pair of Reactor 900s, the next step down.

Inspired by lots of questions by @HublotTimer, I compared a pair of Reactor 900s to a pair of Golds at a retail shop. Undoubtedly, the Golds are a little better. However, after spending the last part of the comparison solely on the Reactor 900s, not listening for differences but listening to the music, I can say that I can easily live with the Reactor 900s.

Have a read of Romain's thread as well.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Gold-vs-Silver-vs-White
He compared the Reactors to the Classic, wisely chose not to listen to the Golds and now a delighted owner of a pair of Reactor 600s.

The Golds are twice the price of the Reactor 900 (slightly less than twice of Classic) but are only a "little" better. Would you pay double the money for a slightly bigger sound stage and slightly more detail?  The only way to answer your question on what is it "worth" is to listen for yourself and make a decision based on your circumstances. Do you have the budget?  Do you need the power and extra loudness?  Can you hear the differences? 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1 Gold vs 2 Classic (2000W) after DOS2 - by Snoopy8 - 31-Oct-2019, 13:24