Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio zones lost.
I said back in my first response that we need more info and that still seems to be the case.

What do you mean when you say "i noticed, searching the Dev setup, that there´s no ip adress"? What is the "Dev setup" you're searching? Is it the info in the audio zones menu in Roon, the web interface you can access now with the CI board, or the details in the ethernet section of the Configurator on Devialet's site?

What I can say is that the problem appears to be in your home network somewhere. If you're losing the zone in Roon then it means that Roon can no longer see the Devialet on your network. If the problem was with your connection to Tidal then streaming would stop but Roon would still be able to see the Devialet and you wouldn't be losing the zone in Roon.

So, if it's a problem with your network then that's where you should be looking and the info on Roon's site in the link I gave you may help. Apart from that you could have a faulty or cable or connection on the cable connecting your Devialet to your switch, either at the switch end or the Devialet end. Have you tried swapping to a different ethernet cable between the switch and Devialet to see if it's a cable or connection problem?

I assume the problem started recently so:

- did you change anything in the network or the devices attached to it in the days before the problem started? That includes doing anything like moving the switch or Innuos or Zenith which may have resulted in movement of the ethernet cables causing a break in connection every now and then or a change in any of your network settings.

- How do you have the ethernet port of the Devialet configured in the Configurator and how do you have the Innuos set up. Are you letting your router provide addresses using DHCP or do one or both of the Devialet have manual addresses? If one or both of them have a manual address, are the Network mask, Gateway, and DNS settings the same for both?

- you say you're just using Tidal streaming and the problem occurs in a normal (for you) use. Is there any difference in the files when the problem occurs compared to the files you're streaming before the problem occurs? Does it occur after a change in resolution of the source file or does it occur with MQA files? If so, what settings do you have in Roon for anything that affects processing of files with different resolutions or for MQA files? I've no experience with Innuos products. Is there anything in their settings which affect those things over and above the settings in Roon?

Apart from the above, I'm out of ideas. If nothing above helps then you really are going to have to provide a lot more information, details of your router, switch, and the network settings for both the Innuos and Devialet, details of anything you've tried and whether it helped or not and any changes you observed as a result, details of any recent changes to your network, your config file, and the physical setup of your system, and anything else you can think of. There's nothing in the information you've provided to date that I can see which provides any sort of clue to what's going on.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Audio zones lost. - by BoyScout - 10-Nov-2019, 01:52
RE: Audio zones lost. - by David A - 10-Nov-2019, 03:49
RE: Audio zones lost. - by BoyScout - 10-Nov-2019, 11:39
RE: Audio zones lost. - by David A - 10-Nov-2019, 12:57
RE: Audio zones lost. - by BoyScout - 11-Nov-2019, 02:00
RE: Audio zones lost. - by David A - 12-Nov-2019, 01:25
RE: Audio zones lost. - by petrik - 12-Nov-2019, 07:37
RE: Audio zones lost. - by BoyScout - 12-Nov-2019, 12:35
RE: Audio zones lost. - by avta - 21-Nov-2019, 16:07
RE: Audio zones lost. - by BoyScout - 22-Nov-2019, 00:19