Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silvers and Dos2 migration - idiot needs advice
Hi All,
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but new to forum and really not a devialet tech geek.

I have a single silver(bloody expensive wifi speaker but just so beautiful in my eyes that I had to have one, I mean come on! Bouncing bass speakers!!) and Spark for a few years now and not really had any problems but the wife has just surprised me and brought me another silver as I kept whinging about not having stereo. So I went looking to buy a dialog and have fallen into this pit of DOS2 migration which apparently means I don't need the dialog anymore.

I don't plan to have a multi-room setup so do I migrate the silvers to DOS2 and not buy the dialog as it will be technically easier to setup?

I'm a little gutted that apparently the software won't support streaming services like Deezer, et al, anymore as I was planning on using such a thing when I got stereo but from what I understand I will still be able to use them albeit through some other third-party app, is this right and will I be able to get FLAC fidelity levels?

The interweeb is full of discussions on this and the problems with the migration so I'm very nervous about doing it but my experience with software changes like this is that the older software systems will not in the end be supported so going the new route is generally the best of a bad lot albeit a pain for a while.

Sorry if this is a bit ramshackle but any advice would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Silvers and Dos2 migration - idiot needs advice - by kboley_uk - 11-Feb-2020, 01:08