Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silvers and Dos2 migration - idiot needs advice
(12-Feb-2020, 10:17)kantblue Wrote: That's a nice present from your partner there !

Looking on the positive side its a difficult decision but either way you can look forward to some great listening and they are rather nice to look at Smile!

kantblue

PS I will keep looking and let you know if I find an app that replaces everything Spark did!

Thanks for the reply KB,

Yes it was but I think for my 60th it was worth it.  Smile

This may well be off-topic but it is my thread  Blush

As I said I'm a complete noob audiophile and with all this wireless digital stuff so if you don't mind could you answer a couple of questions for me. 

I've heard that the sound would be even better if I could play CD's or at least the FLAC files of my CD's through the phantoms rather than just the Spotify tracks, is this true?

If so could you give me a clue how I go about streaming the files from my network to the phantoms if I decide to rip them all to a networked hardisk. I I'm a windows 10 user.

Given that presumably this'll be through the wifi or bluetooth would that defeat the object of sound quality? So would I need to physically connect the phantoms in some way to the network?

One last thing, my phantoms appear to be paired for stereo now but would it be better to physically connect them or is this wireless setup ok?

Sorry if these are such simple questions but I really need an idiots guide to this stuff.

Many thanks for any reply.

P.S. Or if you could just point me to some links or threads that might answer my questions that would be great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Silvers and Dos2 migration - idiot needs advice - by kboley_uk - 13-Feb-2020, 15:53