Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System simplification ideas ...
(16-Jun-2020, 12:24)njaiswal Wrote:
(16-May-2020, 10:23)donniemcm Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks to everyone's input, I have came up with the following idea and I think latency issue shouldn't occur:

To recap the purchase:
- 1 DCA
- 1 3x Toslink Switch
- 1 5x HDMI Switch (I already have a 3x HDMI Switch ...)
- Of course a nice pair of Phantom Reactor Angel Big Grin  Well actually any stereo pairs actually (Had in mind the KEF LS50 Wireless)

Results of the simplification:
- No more 5.1
- No more HT amplifier
- No more small tube stereo with its speakers (BT transmission is kept has the new pair of speakers can be connected via BT)

Any comments on that?

Thanks
Do you thing your significant other will be able to use the system?  That's been my biggest headache with the Phantoms...

Ok little update here on my plan ...
As my AliExpress orders seem not to move at all, I am currently trying to cancel that and go for some purchases on Amazon ...

Good thing is, I have found new things!

I've found a very nice adapter ... It's one that can merge a HDMI video flow with audio coming from RCA or Optical and combine it back to a HDMI flow! It actually should help me solve the headache for my Karaoke source!
Below an updated plan schema:

So i should be able to achieve a pretty nice simplification ... but need to receive all the parts (and buy a pair of Reactor Big Grin ) to see if all of that works well ...

Usability-wise:
- My wife should be able to connect via BT from her phone to the Reactor and play her music from whatever sources (Youtube or music application/application). Simplicity of connection should be the same via BT (Not via Wifi though ... but she never connect to the stereo set other than BT anyway)
- TV should be able to output via the digital out to the Optical switch
- Movie watching, Karaoke-ing or gaming should work with video HDMI directly connected to TV via switch and audio via Optical Switch (Although losing 5.1 capability for the games and movie ...)
- Music listening with Vault 2 via Optical switch
- I have another use case for a recent portable projector acquisition, but same, still work in progress Big Grin

Drawback:
- Lost 5.1 capability
- Need to switch between BT and Optical cable mode physically on the Reactor or the application
- Need to get rid of the old hardware Big Grin

I did think recently to get a pair of Classic for normally a better range in sound and the source input auto switch ... But there is a price to that!

Messages In This Thread
System simplification ideas ... - by donniemcm - 12-May-2020, 07:27
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by ogs - 12-May-2020, 12:04
RE: System simplification ideas ... - by donniemcm - 17-Jun-2020, 03:29