Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading to Devialet app release v11.1.1
(23-May-2020, 14:21)Snoopy8 Wrote: Running v11.1.1 on Android.

I use 2 Ethernet cables, connected individually to each phantom.  Every night, I shutdown the Phantoms before I switch off the mains.  When I started them up, both came up and they remained a stereo pair.

For the past few days, I lent my ER Ethernet switch to some friends.  I then used Ethernet to 1 phantom and the second connected via PLC.  On powering up, the left phantom connected via Ethernet, but the right phantom started up (got the startup sound) but Devialet App reported the right speaker as missing!  Had to add the right phantom using the App and redid the stereo pairing.  It happened every time I started system.

There is definitely a problem with "discovery" of a Phantom not connected by Ethernet cable. Cannot say anything about v1.11.0 because I was always using 2 Ethernet cables.  @massi.rav , @kantblue - what are using to connect the Phantoms?  And have either of you reported problem to Devialet?
I managed to resolve my problem by doing the following:
  1. Unpair phantoms
  2. Go to web interface of first phantom using Ip address, under 8 General, reset to factory settings
  3. Will then get prompt for setting up default network interface, select wifi and enter wifi details
  4. Repeat for second phantom
  5. Pair phantoms again.
What caused my previous problem was that both Phantoms were connected and defaulting to Ethernet. When I took one of the Ethernet cable out and powered the Phantoms up, the one without Ethernet could not be found by the Devialet App.  Now, it will start properly regardless of which Ethernet cable is removed.

That is the reason why @Anders does not have a problem (and thank you for posting).  @massi.rav and @kantblue, you should try this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrading to Devialet app release v11.1.1 - by Snoopy8 - 25-May-2020, 07:01