Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help in streaming for Devialet 120
(21-Jun-2020, 09:06)Gerronwithit Wrote: Almost as soon as Roon became available I knew that it should be the natural choice for those wanting a technologically sound streaming platform. I guess I had it linked via AIR until RoonReady came along. My basic setup has not changed. Roon and Tidal run on my now old MacBook Air. You don’t have to worry about your Roon host being linked directly to your Devialet or the router as long as your Devialet itself is preferably directly linked to your router. The music is delivered via the internet, Roon just controls the process and that does not need much bandwidth. Obviously if your music is stored on a PC or network drive then how those are linked to your network will be a potential issue. Roon will still see the music wherever it is on your network.

There is absolutely no reason for you to get poor sound quality unless there is a problem with your hardware or internet chain. Additionally, I was thinking of having a stand alone Roon Server until only this week. I was fed up of having to be signed into my MacBook to be able to play music through my iPad or iPhone. However, as long as the PC has been signed into and not powered down at some point during the day, and you keep the laptop lid open, Roon will happily run on all satellite devices uninterrupted.

Thanks Gerronwithit for your inputs. I didnt have issue while playing with Roon. My roon expired and after that I was playing Tidal and flac files using Devialet air ( using ethernet) and I was getting crackling sound. May be the way I wrote it was not very clear.
Based on suggestion I will get roon and try and if it is good I will subscribe it.

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Help in streaming for Devialet 120 - by lal99 - 21-Jun-2020, 01:47
RE: Help in streaming for Devialet 120 - by lal99 - 21-Jun-2020, 17:10