Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New prices for upgrade programme to Expert Pro with Core Infinity
Goodness, that’s now a substantial US$1,600 less for the 120-> 220 Pro upgrade. I paid US$4,900 for the upgrade back in October 2016. To think that Devialet is offering the same upgrade almost four years later, which seems slightly out of line with the pace or overall technological evolution that one would expect. I have been happy with the Devialet experience due to my rather irrational pursuit of modest audiophilia. However, I wouldn’t pay the same amount for the upgrade today even though the price today is more enticing and can’t help but feeling that they are seeking to maximize this revenue stream based on remaining upgrade units they have to shift. For those of you who recall the discussions back then, keep also in mind that many felt that the remote didn’t feel the same afterwards. Before the dial was smooth and firm, and the version after the upgrade was not nearly the same smooth experience. Interesting offer today about which I’m in two minds. Sound quality wise I loved the 120 from the beginning and didn’t notice much of a change. I did it for the added Roon functionality and the promises of “more to come” as in the repeated promise in their current website, which of course has not materialized.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY

Messages In This Thread
RE: New prices for upgrade programme to Expert Pro with Core Infinity - by Rocketmannequin - 16-Jul-2020, 23:44