Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phono ground for Expert pro 220 ?
(16-Jul-2020, 18:05)Confused Wrote: Second picture is a 220 Pro ...

Or visit a dealer that cheated you in the past, ask for a demo of a Devialet Expert, and slip it off when nobody is looking..... Angel
Hmmm, so it is ok to thieve from a dealer that previously ripped you off?

Bad advise IMHO, ( I appreciate that maybe you weren’t intentionally being serious) not to mention your encouragement to others to act unlawfully. Simple theft is punishable up to a sentence of up to 10 years in prison. As most Devialet users are likely to be at a society level where one would not expect a member to steal, the likelihood is a custodial sentence is far more likely than a fine or some sort of community order. Yep, it won’t be ten years, but for sure it could be several months and even a community order could lead to job loss, marriage break up, loss of residence and much more. What an unintended and unexpected waste!

Yes, I realise the victim (dealer) is unlikely to pursue a charge, but the control will be with them. Are you sure you could trust them not to legally chase you? In the unlikelihood that they would, how confident are you that you would escape any court process or remain completely unscathed?

So much ignorance on the actual topic. This is a standard threaded shaft. Loads of fixings will match it whether bought from B&Q or eBay or elsewhere that will perform the task the OP wants. One could probably find the exact same fixing on the web and buy it for peanuts just to acquire the bit that the OP is missing. There are loads of Hi-Fi DIY component companies out there. For a couple of quid, absolutely no need to steal anything.

Of course, I recognise the recommendation I am commenting on is increasingly considered acceptable in our day and age. I see such recommendations on the wider web regularly. It’s just an extension of the acceptability of knocking off a pen from a colleagues desk which always was the thin end of the wedge. Shame that the thin end appears to have been blunted, so the wedge degenerates. Surely we need to recover some quality aesthetics for the continuation of a civilised society. Sadly, that probably includes the performance of our current (UK) government.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: phono ground for Expert pro 220 ? - by Greg - 17-Jul-2020, 23:33