Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha home cinema to with Gold Phantoms
Only the ethernet cables should be long.  Ideally, get an electrician to lay ethernet cables from the switch to the Phantoms with terminated end points. For each Phantom, you will need short ethernet cable, adapter and short optical cable to Phantom.  
You can of course buy standard ethernet cables and lay them your self.  Then, for each Phantom, you need an adapter and short optical cable.

Hey Snoopy Thanks a lot for taking the time for explanation.
I'll get the electrician to pull the cables to 3 Phantoms and then I'll Stereo them to my other speakers, so like that I would just need to pull cables to 3 of them I presume. 

It is a trade-off between incredible sound with the Phantoms & complex setup versus easier to set up standard sounding home theatre. If you love home theatre and want to get maximum value out of the Phanthoms, then go Dante. If you are not sure, then go standard.

Sounds good ! so for this set up, what would you recommend for the 7.1 ?
AVR: the JBL-SDB-55
Front L C R : 3 Phantoms premier Gold 4500W
Rear : 2 Reactors 900W
Rest of the home : 6 Phantom premier gold 4500W with only 3 connected by optical
Sub : unknown
adapters : PoE Network switch and Ethernet to Optical adapters, any advice on what equipment to use here ? or any random one with good quality would work ? 

Office : 2 Phantoms premier gold 4500W
AVR : Need a small AVR with phono and optical that can be linked to 1 sub and the 2 Phantoms and eventually 2 8k HDMI inputs as I don't have anything else to plug there

What I have posted definitely works and is the recommended Devialet method to set up the Phantoms for surround sound home theatre.  However, it is not for everyone and only a few in the forum have done this.

Well, This defintely worth a try and I guess I'll need some adjustments. I've also considered to bring my turntable to my office and get another 2 speakers there so I don't have to draw the cable from the turntable to the home cinema. So it also means I'm gonna need to crack a LOT of more money very soon !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yamaha home cinema to with Gold Phantoms - by micky8pool - 12-Dec-2020, 04:57