Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plague Island Unofficial Seasonal Greetings Internet Radio Poll
Things are not going well here in the UK.....  bar humbug...

We now have the new super contagious coronavirus variant, the ports are shut, and I see the wags on the 'net have now renamed Great Britain "Plague Island".

From a personal perspective, things are not great where I am living, which is on the edge of a new UK "Tier 4" area, which is basically a full lockdown.  Most plans for Christmas are now cancelled.

But I am safe and well and the prospect of a vaccine offers hope for the new year.

Anyway, something occurred to me.  The Devialet Chat logo switched to it's seasonal form a week or so ago.  In "normal" years this tends to be the catalyst for the forum to fill up with seasonal goodwill messages.  Not so this year (so far), hence this thread.

I hereby propose a not too serious Internet Radio suggestion poll and seasonal goodwill thread.

No rules or winners, just post any message of seasonal goodwill you want (does not need to be Christian, other religions or pagan celebrations of the winter solstice are equally acceptable here), and optionally post a suggestion of an internet radio station you enjoy.  If you just want to suggest a radio station, that's fine, if you just want to post a seasonal message, that's fine too.  

I personally pledge to listen to all and any of the radio stations suggested.  To be honest, all my Christmas plans are cancelled, I have a bit of time off work, so why not?  Plus, if we do get a radio station that is recommended enough to top the poll, maybe we could all spend an hour or so listening, just as something new to try.

And as it happens, my current favorite internet radio station is BBC 6 Music.  I have a horrible feeling that being from the BBC, 6 Music is not available for export from Plague Island, much like everything else at the moment.  I suspect many of you would not like it either, a bit like our funny warm beer.

Whatever is happening where you may be, I wish you and those you love good health and happiness, and all the very best for the new year, let's hope it's a better one than 2020.  (although I hear that a massive asteroid is approaching earth)

Stay safe and enjoy what you can - even if it is being stuck at home listening to beautiful music thanks to your Devialet.  Lockdown has some benefits....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Plague Island Unofficial Seasonal Greetings Internet Radio Poll - by Confused - 22-Dec-2020, 11:42