Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade
I posted in another thread regarding this issue, but here it is again:

There are obvious issues with speakers that have Toslink connections. What happens is the that the Toslink device sometimes sends a random signal even if not transmitting data and thus, creates a false call for the speaker to switch inputs. We (Devialet and I) confirmed this in the prior release which is why they introduced a Optical autoswitch in the app. That switch is still present. I have the autoswitch turned off and manually switch.

I'm guessing with this latest release, there is an issue when switching between sources, the speaker(s) get hung up and stop operating. The reset (power cycle or button push on back of speaker) resets them temporarily to work, but the minute the Toslink signal comes into play, they crash again. - just my guess, but I've been dealing with this in the prior release as mentioned earlier.

This seems to resolve the issue. I just tested it extensively switching back from three different sources:

CableTV: via Toslink
AppleTV: via AirPlay2
Roon: via Ethernet

Setup: 2 Phantom Golds (stereo pair) both connected to ethernet cables (both running to the same switch) and both plugged into the same power supply. No wifi connections to speakers; everything via Ethernet or Toslink.

Update: speakers still crash. Paused them and unpaused and they are unresponsive and then reboot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic Phantom White not working reliably after upgrade - by bravocharlie - 03-Feb-2021, 20:01