Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
108s Performance issues, is this normal?
(11-May-2021, 23:36)ragwo Wrote:
(11-May-2021, 22:29)Jason0406 Wrote:
(11-May-2021, 15:06)ragwo Wrote: The DSP wizardry of the Phantom should prevent damage caused by any input signal, so I doubt the RCA to toslink conversion is to blame. Just out of curiosity, why RCA to toslink? Did you hook up a DJ set of some kind? The magnetic cover for the tweeter can't cause the issues you describe, I believe you unfortunately have faulty speaker(s). Did both behave the same way?

Exactly. DJ gear to the 108s using RCA to toslink. Ignored the delay issues. Is there a better setup? 
Couldn't tell if both were behaving the same way. Only really inspected the one speaker.
RCA to optical seems like a good solution. If you want to get rid of the delay, you could set the speakers to optical direct mode and you'll get about 1 ms instead of 60 ms. The speakers will then behave like any dumb active speaker. You'll need an optical splitter though. It's under $ 10 on ebay or Amazon. How to enable optical direct mode is described in several threads here on DC.
Awesome I'll check it out! Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 108s Performance issues, is this normal? - by Jason0406 - 12-May-2021, 14:20