Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget balance between speakers and 120/200: WAF inside...
(14-Feb-2015, 13:23)ledesc Wrote: Hy Guys,

The more I read you, the more I want a D200....

Always the same story, I need WAF speakers in the 36m2 living room and I don't want to compromise too much about sound quality.

Before trying to listen a combo (may be hard as some dealers don't want to hear about Devialet....) I started to select some speakers, and I must admit that the Dynaudio Focus 160 (SAM ready) could be really what I'm looking for.

My question is for a 9.000€ budget:
  *  Is it worth to go for a D200 (the Focus 160 are 85db...) and spend 7.000€ for 2.000€ speakers, will it make a difference (any bass improvment, improvment for low level listening...) with the D120/GT1 system ?
  *  Or should I go for a D120 with 5.000€ speakers (B&W 805d, SF Olympica I ....) ?

I'm french... I'm lost Wink

Regards

If you're looking at the Focus, then you might want to have a think about the Focus 200 XD and no Devialet. I don't know if that works out with what you want to connect up to it but it could well be worth it. If you want to go for the Focus 160's, get a D200. My C1's are about the same sensitivity and they really like the juice as all Dynaudios do.

Good luck,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget balance between speakers and 120/200: WAF inside... - by Pim - 14-Feb-2015, 23:34