Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
(04-Nov-2021, 13:03)Jean-Marie Wrote: Sweet, only 2.5 times the price of a D1000 for 1000 times the THD.... A real bargain IMHO.

Jean-Marie

Eh? That would give the Vinnie Rossi about 18% distortion, based on independent measurements of various Devialet Experts that is. Although I guess you mean 1000 times Devialet's claimed distortion. I get the point though, a Devialet Expert does measure a lot better than some more expensive rivals. (Except when measured by ASR, of course Angel )

Anyway, I have to say I am a little confused by the OP in this thread. Is the implication that that the D'Agostino remote looks like an Expert remote? Maybe the newer Phantom remote?

Either way, The D'Agostino remote looks rather good.

That said, I am very much a fan of the existing Devialet remote. The last time I spent some time listening to some other systems, the one thing I really missed was the lovely Devialet rotary volume control, alternatives from the likes of Chord Electronics and dCS were very poor in comparison. Of course, better functionality and a display would be great, but even without this the Devialet remote is a lovely thing and I think the very best I have ever seen or used as an actual volume control.

Also, after a while you can learn to use the Devialet remote for bass, treble, SAM% etc. from the listening position. OK - You cannot actually see what setting you have settled on, but it is possible to tweak the bass / treble or whatever from the listening position.

Personally, I would be more than happy if Devialet added a little more functionality to the IOS remote app. In fact, I'd be reasonably happy if the IOS app actually worked, which it does not for me on a number of Apple devices that I have. (Including a brand new iPad)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - by Confused - 06-Nov-2021, 13:58