Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Volume Control without SPARK
(18-Mar-2023, 12:32)ragwo Wrote: I would strongly recommend DOS2/Devialet app. It's way better than DOS1/spark. Less bugs, more reliable, way better physical volume control (Remote v1 vs v2), Roon integration, EQ, web interface, less latency, etc. The Dialog can be used as an extra optical input and will work as an AirPlay bridge for the speakers if they are old and without AirPlay.

Questions:
1 - Without a phone, how do you change volume? Answer use a remote, ok but the remote is exorbitantly expensive here, $369 just for that is a rort...
From experience and forums entries, I have learned that when it comes from DEVIALET, if it works, DO NOT FK with it... don't update, don't change anything ... Enjoy your luck...basically. My "old" DIALOG/SPARK and PHANTOM I pair WORK flawlessly since I set them up (except when there is a power failure (storm etc.) then DIALOG must be reset which means resetting the 2 PHANTOMS as well each time...
2 - If I upgrade to DOS...2? and something bad happens, then what? I will be like many out there up sh1t creek without a paddle with NO way back whatsoever... I like a gamble, but I  am not game! Until DEVIALET gets a reputation of a CLASS 1 SW developer... I prefer to abstain. They don't seem to be very agile in that field...
3 - At least with DIALOG/SPARK system, I can control the volume on my PC~!!! As on Android (I would not touch Apple crap EVER), it's not always the smoothest (doesn't always like hibernation for instance) but it works! At least it is even more enjoyable than the app... which is stable but does not like to refresh, but it's a very minor thing to me.

My sole question is, does the Remote V2 (if I can find one at a good price) works with DOS1? SPARK/DIALOG?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound Volume Control without SPARK - by alexandredp - 19-Mar-2023, 07:31